Welcome to the Kros Operating System Development Log!
Kros aims to be an open source operating system for wearable portable all-purpose computers with a mixed reality interface. Learn more in the introductory blog post and on the About Kros page.
- Progress Update: Kros-To-GoThanks for your interest in Kros, and if you haven’t already, subscribe to the blog.
- Hardware Portability ProgressThe hardware for the Kros operating system proof-of-concept can now run entirely on batteries, thus making a fully portable system. Many of the tasks related to porting the main code to the Nvidia Jetson have been finished, including fixing user interface bugs and confirming that augmented reality video passthrough still works. The larger goal ofContinue reading “Hardware Portability Progress”
- VR Mode on the Nvidia JetsonIt’s my pleasure to announce that VR mode works on the Nvidia Jetson AGX Xavier. For those interested in the technical reasons this comes so late, I’ll explain briefly. I have been focused on getting Direct Mode, where headset rendering bypasses the desktop window manager, on the Jetson working. This document explains why this isContinue reading “VR Mode on the Nvidia Jetson”
- Leap Motion vs. MediaPipeAs I mentioned in my last post, I had planned to switch the hand tracking code to MediaPipe before porting the code to the Nvidia Jetson AGX Xavier. After spending weeks fighting the build system that MediaPipe uses and porting MediaPipe’s Python hand tracking solution API to C++, I successfully implemented MediaPipe as a handContinue reading “Leap Motion vs. MediaPipe”
- Untethering Hand TrackingI mentioned in the first post that there were three major tasks remaining to complete the proof-of-concept: The performance improvement was completed in April, as it was critical for the demo video I last posted. The remaining two goals still need to be implemented, but I’ve decided that it makes more sense to switch theContinue reading “Untethering Hand Tracking”