Welcome to the Kros Operating System Development Log!
Kros aims to be an open source operating system for wearable portable all-purpose computers with a mixed reality interface. Learn more in the introductory blog post.
- Demonstration VideoI made a video to demonstrate the proof-of-concept for the Kros Operating System. Hope you enjoy!
- Kros’s Current Software StackIn modern times, almost all software depends on other software. So in this more technical post, I’ll talk about the software used by Kros’s proof-of-concept, focusing on what I think are the biggest pieces that will continue to remain an important part of Kros as it evolves. Linux Every operating system needs a kernel toContinue reading “Kros’s Current Software Stack”
- About the HardwareAs the Kros Operating System is being created specifically to unlock the full potential of mixed reality (VR and AR) hardware, I thought it might be appropriate to discuss the hardware – specifically what I’ve used for the development process, what else will work with Kros, and what happens as the hardware advances. My HardwareContinue reading “About the Hardware”
- Progress and User Experience OverviewRecent Progress For the past week I’ve been working on restructuring the widget layout process in preparation for work on improving the performance which is the first of the three remaining major tasks mentioned in the introductory post. But rather than delving into the details of that restructuring, since widgets (such as buttons, sliders, andContinue reading “Progress and User Experience Overview”
- Introduction: What is Kros?Imagine a wearable portable all-purpose computer that has, not a small flat home screen, but a 3D home world that surrounds you. Imagine being able to do all your computer activities, from work to play, from the mundane to the sublime, with intuitive control in a mixed reality environment. Imagine how this computer would empowerContinue reading “Introduction: What is Kros?”